It’s an exciting time to be at Impinj. Our goal is to provide a Digital Life for Everyday Items with our market-leading RAIN RFID platform. Our platform consists of both hardware and software. In the hardware space we make tags (which are tiny chips and antennas attached to items so they can be tracked) and tag readers. Our software ranges from on-reader applications to an enterprise-scale reader-management-and-data-aggregation platform called ItemSense. ItemSense does two things: it manages all the readers in a RAIN RFID infrastructure, and it takes the tag data sent to it by readers to produce accurate, actionable, real-time insight on the state of a tagged item.
We’re looking for a creative Full Stack Web Developer to help us craft a great user experience for ItemSense. You will contribute to all aspects of developing new features for ItemSense; from brainstorming and initial design all the way to the final implementation. This position is based in our wonderful Seattle offices which have a lovely view of Lake Union and the Olympic Mountains.
What you will do
Immediately you will:
- Create templates using a mixture of HTML and the Ember.js templating language and then style them using SASS/CSS.
- Follow an agile methodology to take part in work estimation, sprints, and daily stand up meetings.
- Help us maintain high quality code by participating in a Pull Request process where you will provide constructive feedback on your colleagues\\\' work.
- Collaborate with colleagues on both software and architecture design.
- Learn how RFID works from the experts!
Next you will:
- Stay apprised of new technologies which may include learning them with the team or introducing them to the team whenever they can help us.
- Become adept in the management and use of the RFID technologies that power Impinj.
- Uphold a high level of test coverage.
- Maintain and improve our CI pipeline.
And then you will:
- Take the lead on the design and implementation of new features. From initial collaborative conversations to story creation and completion.
- Continuously suggest improvements to processes; taking the initiative, whenever possible, to highlight problems and offer solutions.
What you\\\'ll need to be considered for this role
- At least 3-5 years of relevant professional experience, post-Higher Education.
- Strong knowledge of component-based web frameworks and experience working with unidirectional data flow and complex asynchronous behaviors.
- An understanding of performance in modern web browsers including DOM paint and repaint costs, asset loading costs, etc.
- Experience consuming live streams of data using technologies like WebSockets or server-sent events
- Deep knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Ability to manage Git repositories and work with branch-management methodologies.
- Familiarity with developing applications that expose and consume RESTful APIs.
- Proficiency in ensuring your code is both easily testable and fully tested.
- A desire to learn new things coupled with an aptitude for picking up new technologies and frameworks quickly.
- Knowledge of how to balance speed of execution with quality of output.
- Experience developing progressive, offline-first web applications.
- Prior experience writing applications using Ember.js.
- Deployment experience with VMs, Docker, and NGINX.
- Working knowledge of Bash Shell Scripting.
- Familiarity with constructing server-side applications using a framework.
Technologies We\\\'re Excited to Learn
- Visualizing data using SVG, Canvas, and libraries that use those technologies.
- WebAssembly and Rust.
Benefits of Working at Impinj
- A host of snacks to keep you energized throughout the day.
- An open time-off policy paired with a profound respect for work/life balance.
- You\\\'ll team up with exceptionally capable colleagues who work passionately on everything from silicon chip designs to Ember.js web interfaces.
- Collaboration and teamwork are highly valued, and accomplishments are duly celebrated.
- We have an open Q&A session with our executive team bi-weekly.
- We\\\'re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcome applications from all backgrounds and walks of life.
How to apply
Apply now on their careers page! 👇
Other openings in Seattle