Data Compression Software Developer
Our Waterloo Mobile Security Research Center is seeking an outstanding Data Compression Software Developer to help lay the foundation for a more resilient, more secure, decentralized version of the web.
Huawei’s “Network of The Future” Team
At the “Network of the future” team, our goal is to rethink computer networking from the grounds up. You will contribute to building a prototype to the next generation of network protocols, data compression and serialization. The project’s output will include patenting new technologies, publishing academic papers with the results of our findings.
As a Software Engineer at Huawei you will…
- Develop tools and best practices for operating, debugging, and monitoring cutting edge data processing tools and network protocols
- Contribute to prominent open source projects, including IPFS and Webassembly and systems that handle petabytes of data
- Come up with creative ways of interoperating with existing Internet infrastructure at all layers of the stackYou may be a fit for this role if you have..
- Experience collaborating closely with software engineers, from design to development to production support
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Possess a solid grasp of foundations of computer science: data structures, algorithms;
- 2+ years of experience working with the low level code, for example, experience in domains such as data compression, cryptography or network protocols;
- Knowledge of core Internet protocols (BGP, IP, TCP, DNS, TLS, HTTP)
- A proactive approach to supporting your team’s goals and work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Qualifications Considered an Asset
- Background in data compression
- Background in computer network systems
- Experience contributing to or leading open source projects
- Published about your work (code, presentations, papers, blog, etc);
- Background in mathematics, statistics, probability theory