Charles River Development is looking to hire a Principal Web Engineer to help us establish a new web framework group within our R&D organization and drive the next generation of applications. Successful candidates will have extensive experience building and maintaining large and complex web based products over many releases and will understand what it takes to build robust and extensible component libraries for use by large distributed engineering organizations.
This role requires proven ability to bootstrap major new projects and see them through from conception to deployment. While establishing the web framework group, the Principal Web Engineer will drive the selection of tools and practices to help us build an environment that is efficient and highly productive.
Security is a first class concern for us and deep knowledge of secure design and coding practices is required. Candidates will be able to speak at length about defending against the OWASP Top 10 and more. Candidates will also be expected to discuss the use of security tools and other mechanisms for validating the correct implementation of secure coding practices.
- Work independently to analyze, design, develop, test, and debug large and complex software enhancements and solutions within Charles River’s business and technical problem domains including modifications to core frameworks and other primary facilities critical to system operation
- Collaborate with UI/UX Designers, Business Analysts and Product Managers to turn complex business requirements into working and sustainable software
- Provide thought leadership in the design of UI Frameworks
- Direct problem solving for projects or major phases of projects to resolve advanced software technical issues
- Provide expert guidance and critical analysis of proposed changes during code reviews
- Write unit and automation tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Identify ways of improving development test methodologies and related test methodology frameworks
- Conduct manual tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Provide expert level troubleshooting on large, mission critical client implementations
- Actively assist team leaders in the agile software development process by adhering to and advancing the CRD scrum methodology including attending all daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives
- Plan and coordinate cross-team activities groups to complete assignments
- Advise senior management on technical strategy
- Provide mentoring to technical staff of all levels
- B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study required. MS degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible professional software engineering experience
- Strongly desire experience in financial services developing solutions for Portfolio Management, Trading, Compliance, Post-Trade, IBOR or Wealth Management
- Authoritative experience with modern web frameworks such as Angular 2, React and Vue
- Able to design and develop software solutions to business and technical problems of high complexity
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well with peers in a collaborative team environment
- A minimum of 5 years working with an Agile development methodology
How to apply
Click the link below! ⬇️
Other openings in Burlington