Are you passionate about creating good user experiences on the web? So are we! In the past few years, Esri has put a large effort into making design tools accessible and powerful for experts, stakeholders, and the public. We are dedicated to continually pushing the boundaries of urban design and planning, and you can play a key role in our mission.
- Design and implement software components for a new suite of web apps for urban design and planning, covering a wide range of topics such as web service consumption, data processing and analysis, core library functionality, application logic, and 3D mapping and rendering
- Advise in matters of software architecture and engineering
- Apply and promote good software engineering practices such as test automation, modularization, simplification
- Evolve and maintain our build process, test automation infrastructure, and other custom tooling
- Excellent programming skills in a modern programming language
- Strong background in software design and architecture
- Excellent creative thinking and communication skills
- Experience with Agile software development methods (Scrum, etc.)
- Interest in (learning all about) urban design and planning as well as 3D GIS, BIM, and CAD
- Master’s or PhD in computer science
- Experience with ES6, TypeScript, React, Redux, WebGL, and/or WebAssembly
- Background in computer graphics and real-time rendering
- Knowledge of 3D tools such as CityEngine, Maya, Unity, Revit, etc.
- Knowledge of common web technologies and 3D formats