The construction industry is adopting technology at a feverish pace. These days you won’t just see people carrying large rolls of blueprints on a job site, but also laser scanners, mobile apps and wearables. It's not just people either, drones and robots are making to their way to the job site in ever greater numbers.
What you won't see is how all of these new technologies work together.
Bluebeam is on a mission to make the construction site of the future safe, efficient, and connected. We believe the products we’re building will improve the way the architectural, engineering, and construction industries work, and we need your help to build them.
We're looking for a Sr. Software Engineer (Front-End) to expand our development team for the newly announced Atlas platform. The mission of Atlas is to make finding and navigating information on construction sites as easy as searching for a local coffee shop in our daily lives. Atlas, which is currently available via web, iOS and Android, features a map-centric interface where tasks, drone-imagery, schematics, GPS data and more are aligned by their real-world location. We believe in bringing consumer-quality experience to business apps.
- You have 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- You show initiative and pragmatism in your creation of quality user experiences that deliver business value.
- You enjoy building component-based UIs and reusable components.
- You enjoy web development, working with the DOM and CSS, learning new APIs, and discovering creative ways to improve our user experiences.
- You use tools that promote modular and component-based architectures, such as Ember, React, Angular, or Vue.
- You are able to read and write tests, hold pragmatic code coverage in high regard, and can explore and propose ways to incrementally improve code quality.
- You’ve built a web application for mobile (e.g. React Native, Cordova, or a progressive web app).
- You are a continuous learner who collaborates well with users, partners, teammates, and willingly seeks help.
- You are curious about the AEC industry and want to be involved in building products for this process.
What we’d love to see in you:
- You have experience with WebSockets.
- You have experience with WebAssembly.
- You have contributed to open-source front-end modules or frameworks.
- You are familiar with WebGL or OpenGL.
- You have exposure to GIS or web mapping tools.
- You like JSON’s deli.
What you’ll work on?