3D Programmer (DNA, Viewer)
As a 3D Programmer within Ubi MTL’s DNA team, you’ll define and develop Viewer, a web-based spatial data visualization tool that displays game telemetry over maps.
With a focus on visual quality and performance, you’ll participate in Viewer’s full product lifecycle – from exploring visualization techniques to ensuring robustness. You’ll provide production teams across our studios with spatial analytics and data visualizations, enabling them to clearly see and understand the realities of the games they’re creating and react accordingly.
What you’ll do
In a SCRUM/agile Environment
- Partner with your team lead to plan short-term priorities and long-term goals.
- Collaborate with designers to define user interfaces.
- Participate in prototyping to explore visualization opportunities.
- Develop new and maintain existing frameworks for 3D rendering and front-end data visualization; writing reliable, scalable, and secure code.
- Synchronize with your team to discuss work-in-progress and blockers; brainstorm ideas; overcome issues; etc.
- Come up with solutions to enhance visual quality and performance + improve current graphical features and propose the development of new ones.
- Stay up to date on technological advancements to help develop our best practices.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Around 2 years of programming experience
- Knowledge of GPUs, OpenGL, and WebGL
- Advanced mathematical capabilities
- A highly collaborative and innovative spirit
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- A long-term approach to problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- Motivation to make complex information accessible and understandable to all
- Understanding of Typescript, C, C++, and WebAssembly, a huge plus
DNA: developing and managing data services and tools
The DNA team develops and manages a variety of data services and tools for storing and analyzing game telemetry. Known as a company-wide reference and trusted source, our products provide real-time visibility on how Ubisoft titles are played and an understanding of the habits and preferences of the people playing them. Committed to knowledge sharing, we collect, process, and curate in-game data; transforming it into something visual and clear. The result: meaningful metrics for production teams to make informed decisions and create even better gaming experiences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
How to apply
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your experience, education, and skills